Fried chicken is one of kids’ favorite food and this time I will reveal one of the secret recipes of Thai street vendors, it is Thai fried chicken. If you visited Thailand, you will see many street vendors selling this fried chicken. Thai fried chicken is quite different than western fried chicken, with its light crispy coated skin, makes people want to savor probably more than 10 chicken themselves.Jump to Recipe
The secret tip of the crispy coated skin and the juicy meat lies on the deep-fry method and long time of marination with soy sauce not salt. The savory flavor of Thai fried chicken comes from the mixture of oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce, while you can also taste a subtle tangy taste from the lime juice.
You can use any kind of poultry but I would strongly suggest to use chicken wings as this Thai fried chicken recipe is usually served as a side dish. Give it a try and you will get tons of compliments from your kids.
Thai Fried Chicken
- 12 chicken wings (drumstick)
- 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tsp corriander root powder (optional with mashed corriander leaves)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (light)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lime powder (optional with lime juice)
- 1 cup rice flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combined the chicken wings with all ingredients, except oil for frying and rice flour. Marinate for minimum 1 hour. (you can also save it for later in the freezer)
- Heat the oil for frying, medium heat.
- Put the marinated chicken wings into the rice flour, dab a bit to get rid of the excess flour.
- Fry the chicken wings, preferably with deep fry method, until cooked thoroughly
- Serve with minced corriander leaves, thai hot sauce or seafood sauce
- to ensure the crispy texture, you can double fry the chicken wings.
- you can put the marinated chicken wings in the freezer bag and keep it in the freezer. Take it out and fry whenever you need fast dinner to be served.